At Piece of Cake Moving, we strive to ensure the safe transport of your belongings. Please review the following policies to understand your responsibilities and our limitations:
1. Limited Insurance Coverage: While we take every precaution to minimize damage during the move, we offer limited insurance coverage of up to 2 million euros on the items we move or transport. A goodwill payment, referred to as the "own-risk amount," of 500 EUR per claim (up to 2 items) will be applied by our customers per claim.
2. Cancellations: Cancellations made less than 72 hours before the scheduled move will result in a full charge. Adjustments to your booking can be made up to 14 days prior to the planned date, subject to a fee.
3. Timing: The timing for your move begins when we depart from our office and includes the return trip. While we strive to adhere to the provided schedule, we cannot guarantee an exact starting time. Please be prepared to accommodate a variance of +/- 1 to 2 hours from the agreed-upon time.
4. Heavy Items: For items weighing more than 35kg, a specialized truck will be required, incurring an additional fee of 50 EUR.
5. Second Loading: If a second loading is necessary, an extra fee of 50 EUR will apply.
6. Fragile and Special Items: It is imperative that fragile and special items be clearly labeled and securely packed before the move. Please inform our movers about these items to ensure their safe transport. Failure to report these items may violate Piece of Cake Moving's insurance policy.
7. Responsibility for Damages: Piece of Cake Moving cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from incorrect labeling, inadequate packaging, missing information, or mishandling of items.
8. Packing: If you opt not to use our packing service, please ensure that your items are adequately packed and secured in boxes or bags. We reserve the right to refuse the transport of loose items that are not properly packed. Fragile items, such as TVs, mirrors, and glassware, should be moved in their original packaging.
9. Movers' Breaks: Our movers require a 10-minute break after every 4 hours of continuous moving to ensure their safety and maintain the quality of their work.
10. Special Needs/Instructions: Any special requirements or instructions must be communicated in writing to Piece of Cake Moving at least 48 hours before the moving date.
11. Movers' Expertise: Our highly trained movers perform their duties based on their expertise. In the event of a dispute, please inform the planner immediately so that appropriate actions can be taken.
12. Protecting Your Home: We strongly advise our clients to take proactive measures to safeguard their homes during the moving process, particularly in areas with limited space, such as staircases. While our movers are trained to handle items with care, taking steps to protect your floors and walls can help prevent unintended damage. Here's how you can prepare your home:
Floor Protection: Place protective coverings such as carpets, rugs, or temporary floor shields in high-traffic areas. This will help shield your floors from potential scuffs, scratches, or stains that can occur during the move.
Wall Protection: Install wall protectors or padding in narrow spaces, especially around staircases and tight hallways. These measures can help prevent accidental bumps or scrapes that may happen as our team maneuvers large or bulky items.
Clear Pathways: Ensure that there are clear and unobstructed pathways for our movers to navigate through your home. Remove any obstacles, such as furniture or decorative items, that could impede their progress.
Communicate Special Concerns: If you have particularly delicate or vulnerable areas in your home, such as freshly painted walls or delicate flooring, please communicate these concerns to our team in advance. This will enable us to exercise extra caution in those areas.
13. Organizing Parking Spaces: It is the responsibility of the client to arrange and secure suitable parking spaces for our moving vehicle(s) at both the pickup and destination locations. Adequate parking space is essential for a smooth and efficient move. Please consider the following:
Clear Access: Ensure that there is clear and unobstructed access for our moving vehicle(s) to park as close as possible to your residence or building entrances. This will minimize the distance and time required for loading and unloading.
Permits and Restrictions: Be aware of any parking permits, restrictions, or regulations in your area. Obtain necessary permits or permissions in advance, if required, to avoid any delays on moving day.
Communication: Inform our team about the designated parking areas and any specific instructions related to parking at both locations. Clear communication will help us plan accordingly and prevent any parking-related issues.
14. Non-Professional Movers: Please note that when friends, family, or non-professional movers are involved in the move, we cannot guarantee the quality of moving or provide insurance coverage for any damages incurred during the process.